Teacher Professional Development
Numicon Professional Development seminars are interactive sessions that provide direct hands-on experiences of Numicon activities. These sessions are full of practical ideas and content that give Educators the knowledge and tools to successfully implement Numicon in their school, whether in the classroom, in support groups or working one-to-one.
We provide a range of teacher professional development sessions across Australia delivered both face-to-face or live online. Numicon PD can be delivered at your school, or explore the sessions scheduled for your state.
The Numicon professional development program ensures that Numicon is used to its best advantage, releasing its potential to transform students’ attitudes towards mathematics, significantly increasing their achievement.
Numicon PD topics
Numicon seminars include 2 hour, half day and full day sessions. We suggest that schools complete a full day of PD as an introduction to Numicon, however you may wish to present this as an initial 4hr session with two follow-up 2 hour workshops.
Choose from the modules below, or develop them yourself in collaboration with your Numicon trainer.
- Introduction to Numicon - Foundation to year 2
- Introduction to Numicon - Years 3 to 6
- Moving on with Numicon - Foundation to year 2
- Moving on with Numicon - Years 3 to 6
- Geometry, Measurement and Statistics - Foundation to year 2
- Geometry, Measurement and Statistics - Years 3 to 6
- Problem solving with Numicon - Years 3 to 6
- Fractions, decimals and percentages with Numicon - Years 3 to 6
- Planning and Assessing with Numicon
- Breaking Barriers and Big Ideas
- Cancellations for face-to-face bookings may be made up to 1 week before the session and you can either receive a full refund or apply your credit to a new event.
- Cancellations for online bookings may be made up to 24 hours before the session and you can either receive a full refund or apply your credit to a new event.
- If SkyRocket Maths needs to cancel the session for any reason we will provide a minimum of 3 days notice. In this case you can either receive a refund or apply your credit to a new event.
- We occasionally have to make changes to the session location, but will give you as much notice as possible and will ensure the location is not too far from the original venue.
Please contact Rachel on 0414 888 270 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
View the interactive map to find Numicon training events in your state.